Last revision of 21 May 2018
Frequently asked questions (FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions)
• What are the advantages if GranCanariaExcursions.Eu collects my data?
• What data can be collected in the Sites?
• How does GranCanariaExcursions.Eu collect and keep this data?
• How long does GranCanariaExcursions.Eu keep this data?
• What is the commitment of GranCanariaExcursions.Eu for the protection of personal data of minors?
• What are cookies?
• How are cookies used on this site and what data are collected?
• How can I disable and enable cookies?
• What are my rights related to my personal data?
• What are the practices for Internet and website security?
• GranCanariaExcursions.Eu can change this statement?
• How can I identify the data controller of my personal data?
What are the advantages if GranCanariaExcursions.Eu collects my data?
Through its websites GranCanariaExcursions.Eu collects personal data on the visitor for various reasons:
• To prepare and place an order with you, for example:
• process orders for products;
• deliver and collect products and manage guarantees; is
• for payment purposes.
• To comply with legal obligations, for example:
• for accounting and tax purposes;
• provide for the recall operations of a product and
• respond to requests for information from public bodies and competent judicial authorities.
• For legitimate business purposes of GranCanariaExcursions.Eu, for example:
• provide our services and protect the integrity and security of our services;
• improve the user experience on our websites by making them more accessible and easy to use and create more relevant content for you;
• respond to customer requests for information;
• apply our conditions of use, our rules for customers and our rights; is
• provide you with information and online advertising about our products, services and special offers.
You may have the right to object to certain uses of your personal data in accordance with applicable law, but in this case you may not fully benefit from our products and services.
• Based on your consent:
• to receive dedicated services, such as receiving information material;
• to contact a GranCanariaExcursions.Eu customer for a presentation of the registration or to attend events and challenges;
• for the use of your e-mail address or telephone number in the marketing of GranCanariaExcursions.Eu products and services and related products and services; is
• the use of certain cookies or similar technologies as required by law.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by informing us at the e-mail address below, requesting the opt-out (exclusion) from advertising by e-mail or SMS or by changing the privacy settings in your browser as indicated below. If you withdraw your consent it is possible that you will not be able to fully use our products and services.
What data can be collected in the Sites?
How does GranCanariaExcursions.Eu collect and keep this data?
GranCanariaExcursions.Eu keeps your personal data in a central archive together with other information we may have about you, if any. This allows us to avoid duplication, better manage our data resources and provide you with better service. We use this information for the purposes mentioned above and in accordance with your choices.
How long does GranCanariaExcursions.Eu keep this data?
We may keep your data as long as necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required by law, by adopting the longest period. The period, for which GranCanariaExcursions.Eu keeps your personal data, depends on the purpose for which the data are used. GranCanariaExcursions.Eu keeps your data in a safe environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to these data, except for the data you voluntarily provided in the communities and public forums on the Sites or on third-party platforms.
• To understand how you can change or update the data stored on you, please refer to the following question titled: “What are my rights to my personal data?”
GranCanariaExcursions.Eu with who shares my personal data?
The relevant personal data will be shared with:
• its affiliated or associated companies, and with dealers, agencies and licensees of all these companies;
• company supplying products and processing orders: Herbalife Italia Spa.
• service providers who work with GranCanariaExcursions.Eu, for example companies that help us to develop our website and keep it secure, and companies that help us make advertising more relevant;
• other companies with which GranCanariaExcursions.Eu has granted direct or indirect services to your advantage, for example order fulfillment, parcel delivery, administrative and e-mail functions, management of payments by credit card and supply customer support services;
• other parties as required by law or to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings or similar legal or judicial processes, including disclosure to independent auditors or governmental authorities, or for investigation or prevention of fraud; is
• other parties in the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy proceeding.
Where will my personal data be stored?
The European laws require that GranCanariaExcursions.Eu take measures to protect your data when they are transferred to regions outside Europe. These measures include:
• for international transfers to other GranCanariaExcursions.Eu entities worldwide, GranCanariaExcursions.Eu is based on the use of its Model of contractual clauses;
• for international transfers to service providers, the protections depend on the respective service provider and his location, and include contracts containing data protection clauses as required by law; is
• for international transfers, if existing, to the Herbalife company present in other countries, for example if you order from a website present in the European Union to countries outside the European Union, GranCanariaExcursions.Eu reserves the right to share your data with the Herbalife office of that country.
What is the commitment of GranCanariaExcursions.Eu for the protection of personal data of minors?
Protecting children’s personal data is important. In some cases GranCanariaExcursions.Eu can collect personal data of minors. GranCanariaExcursions.Eu obtains the consent of the parents or guardian of the minor as required by applicable laws.
What are cookies?
How are cookies used on this site and what data are collected?
Session cookies are used to:
• allow you to keep the data from one page to another of our site, avoiding to enter them every time; is
• during registration to allow you to access the stored data.
Permanent cookies serve to:
• help us to recognize you as a unique visitor (through a number) when you return to our website;
• allow us to adapt content or advertising to your interests or prevent you from being presented with the same ads;
• to compile anonymous and aggregate statistics that help us understand how visitors use our site and help us to improve the structure of our website;
• identify and solve problems with the user experience and improve site operations; is
• respond to customer information requests and help ensure compliance with our customers’ rules.
Third-party cookies Third parties may also serve cookies through the Sites. These serve to:
• adapt the content to your preferences;
• count the number of users on our site; is
• guarantee security in shopping carts or transactions.
Web BeaconsSome of our web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes also called empty gifs) that allow us to count how many users have visited these pages Web Beacons collect a limited number of data: a number of cookies, now and date of displaying a page and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We can also host Web Beacons from third party advertisers. These Web Beacons only serve to verify the effectiveness of a specific advertising campaign.
How can I disable and enable cookies?
You have the option to accept or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. However, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to use all the interactive components of our site. If you wish to be warned before a cookie is stored on your hard disk, here’s what you need to do:
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
Delete cookiesYou can easily delete all cookies that have been installed in your browser’s cookie folder. For example, if you use Microsoft Windows Explorer:
1. Open ‘Windows Explorer’
2. Click on the Search button in the toolbar
3. Type “cookies” in the ‘Folders and files’ search box
4. Select ‘My computer’ in the ‘Search in’ box
5. Click on ‘Search Now’
6. Double-click on the folders that were found
7. ‘Select’ any cookie file
8. Press the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard
If you do not use Microsoft Windows Explorer you can select “cookies” in the “Help” function for information on where to find the cookie folder.
What are my rights related to my personal data?
Depending on the applicable law, you may have more rights regarding your personal data, such as the right of access, rectification, limitation or opposition to the processing of your personal data (including processing for direct marketing) and portability to another data controller and cancellation. Some of our sites allow you to review and update your personal information or cancel your subscription to the service. When this function is not available and if you need assistance regarding other personal data protection rights, please contact the local GranCanariaExcursions.Eu customer service department at [email protected] We remind you that these rights are subject to the limitations imposed by law. If you do not wish to receive advertising by e-mail or SMS you can select the opt-out in the communications you receive. If you have any other questions regarding this information and our practices or if you have any complaints regarding the use of GranCanariaExcursions.Eu of your personal data, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer (RPD)
GranCanariaExcursions.Eu – Zi Jo Trading SL
Calle Lope de Vega 14/2, 35005, Las Palmas, Canarias
For users and customers in the European Union, if you have doubts about the collection and use of personal data by GranCanariaExcursions.Eu that GranCanariaExcursions.Eu is not able to resolve with full satisfaction, you have the right to file an appeal to the competent supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
What are the security levels regarding the Internet and the sites?
The Internet is not a secure system and one must always be cautious about the data that is revealed online. Personal data collected by the GranCanariaExcursions.Eu websites are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Where necessary, personal data is encrypted before you make your transaction with the use of appropriate secure technology.
Can GranCanariaExcursions.Eu change this information on websites?
Data protection laws, directives and jurisprudence change all the time. Consequently, GranCanariaExcursions.Eu reserves the right to amend this information from time to time. We recommend visiting our website regularly to keep you updated on the latest version of our policy.